When you live a busy lifestyle, your fitness can be the last thing you think about. But if you are truly committed to making, and keeping, fitness as an integral part of your life, you need to develop some strategies and habits that will help you fit exercise into your schedule no matter how busy it gets. Read more for 5 Ways to Fit Exercise Into Your Busy Schedule.
- Choose the best time of day. We know waking up early is seldom anyone’s favorite thing to do, but this is one tip that can change your life. When you work out first thing in the morning, your day is set; there is no way that anything can keep you from your workout! Life is full of unexpected things, like traffic jams and phone calls, and a last-minute invite to happy hour with friends. Working out in the morning means that your fitness goals have been met for the day, no matter what else happens.
- Start the week off right. Instead of starting your week off on Monday, make Sunday the beginning of your workout schedule. Tackle your least favorite thing: do that long run or complete your heaviest lifting. Maybe you hate doing squats; get them over with first thing, so you can step into the work week knowing they are behind you! You will be saying goodbye to those “Sunday night blues” with a sense of pride and accomplishment and doing away with the “Monday morning scramble”, trying to fit in a workout while struggling with going back to work. Don’t give yourself a chance to hate those Mondays more than you already do!
- Make your workouts efficient. Most people don’t realize that you really only need to work out three days a week for 45 minutes! You can mix strength training and cardio together and make those times work in your favor.
- Set your workout schedule to work for you. If you have a challenging week coming up, move your workouts around to fit your life. There’s nothing wrong with stacking them up on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to make room for what’s ahead. If you feel burned out at the beginning of the week, take two or three days off to give your nervous system a rest.
- Create a home gym. You might think a home gym will just cost too much but think about the savings in travel time and membership fees over time! You will be adding hours to your life if you can just step into a room in your home and knock that routine out.
No one will care for you like you. Be good to yourself and make time to take care of your health! No matter how crazy life can get, you will meet each day with confidence, knowing that you have it handled.